Study In Canada
The Canadian education system is among the best education systems in the world, attracting thousands of students around the world to study here each year. Studying in Canada not only gives international students an opportunity to gain work experience during and/or after their studies but it also opens up a way for them to eventually become Canadian Permanent Residents and settle in Canada.
Anyone who wishes to apply for a student visa:
- Must meet admission requirements and get accepted into a Designated Learning Institution to study.
- Must prove they have enough funds to cover their tuition and living expenses while studying in Canada.
- Must show that their intention is to study only and they will return home after finishing their studies.
- Must have no criminal record and should not be a risk to Canada or Canadian Citizens.
- Must be in good health and also be willing to take a medical examination to prove that.
If your intention is to enroll in any type of professional, academic or vocational course in a Canadian University or College, you are required to obtain a Study Permit before you can enter the country. With that being said, any short-term courses/programs that are 6 months or less do not require a Study Permit.
Requirements for Study Permit:
- Applicants have to be clear about their intentions – they are only here to study and will return home after finishing studies.
- Applicants have met all the admission requirements (including language) and have been accepted into a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- Applicants have to prove that they have sufficient financial resources to support themselves with their schooling and living expenses while studying at the institution.
- Applicants must have no criminal record and should not be a risk to the security of Canada/Canadians.
- Applicants must be in good health and need to complete a medical examination.
Note: Not all schools are DLIs. Some private institutions, such as career colleges and language schools, are not regulated by the government